Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It's the Little Things...





One of my favorite questions to ask people is how they became converted unto Christ!

Everybody has a unique way that God worked in their life to bring them unto him.

Reading this morning, I came across the conversion story of none other than Alma the younger himself! Alma Chapter 36.

Alma has quite the incredible conversion story filled with angels and miracles. However when we hear him tell his son his story we see what really converted him.

"While I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ..." (36:17)

The Angel reminded him and confounded him in his sins, amongst the suffering he remembered one of his father's teachings from the past.

As we read on we see this changed everything for him.

"Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me... I could remember my pains no more... And oh, what joy as exceeding as my pain!" (36:19-20)

His pain was turned into joy and he was converted unto Christ!

His conversion was purely based on his father's teachings in the past. Did his father think that his teaching helped his son when he shared it? His son sure didn't change at that time! However down the road it made all the difference.

As we come across people always be looking for times to help others and to go about doing good.

You may not see the affect of it now, but who knows what affect it will have on their lives in the future.

Let the light of Christ shine through you and the way you live!

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment