Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Music



There is an incredible spirit that follows music.

It can break barriers and touch people's hearts in ways that nothing else on this earth can.

The question is how it touches us.

Recently I was at the church building and someone sat down next to me at the piano.

He began playing a familiar hymn

I matched his melody with supporting arpeggios and chords and it all came together in an instant.

We hit the last note and both looked at each other and couldn't help but smile.

At that moment we both felt it.

There is power in music.

 

"I know that my Redeemer lives.

What comfort this sweet sentence gives!

He lives, He lives who once was dead...

He lives and I shall conquer death.

He lives my mansion to prepare.

He lives to bring me safely there." Hymn 136 




"Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
 
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
 
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand...
 
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand." Hymn 85
 
 
"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart;
 
yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me,
 
and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads" D&C 25:12
 
 
Sing out and shout!!!! For great is the Holy One of Israel in the Midst of thee.
 
Think on the music that influences you and allow it to carry you towards the Savior and not away!
 
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
 
 
 

1 comment: