Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Step into the Wilderness



Often when we follow the counsel of The Lord,

we will have to tarry in the wilderness before we find our promised land.

This pattern is shown time and time again.

Lehi was promised a great land,

and he tarried 8+ years in the wilderness before he arrived.

The Israelites were promised a great land,

and they tarried in the wilderness for 40 years before they arrived.

Blessings and answers almost always come line upon line, precept upon precept.

There was a change that I was earnestly trying to make in my life.

No matter how hard I tried I seemed to always fall short.

Amid my frustration a challenge was extended to me to read the Book of Mormon 20 minutes a day.

Grudgingly I accepted the challenge not know the affects it was going to have.



I soon found myself lost in the stories and teachings of the prophets.















On my knees I sought for an answer once again to know of the truth of the Book.

My heart was once again touched and my testimony strengthened.

All during strength came to me.

I was happier.

My life was simpler.

The relationship with those around me grew

I was able to become more Christlike,

and in the end, I made the change, that seemed impossible to
accomplish not long before.

The Book of Mormon has power.

We will be blessed as we search and ponder it's teachings.

The blessings and answers will not come until we take that step of faith,

step into the wilderness and the unknown,

take the chance and trust in God,

and receive that witness from your Heavenly Father of the truth of it's power.

I know and testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.

It was translated by a prophet called of God

and we have a prophet on the earth today.

It will bless your life in ways that seemed impossible

The Book will change who you are.

Take the step of faith,

and read it.

And most importantly,

Pray about it.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment