Wednesday, March 5, 2014

GPS Failure: Receiving Direction



My heart sank as my GPS displayed the message that the battery was low.

With a broken car charger and a major lack of sense of direction, the thought of not having a GPS worried me.

I was stuck in the middle of a city with no way of knowing how to get home.

After averting panicking, I pulled on the side of the road.

I knew the major roads to get home, however I didn't know how to find them.

The compass on the car pointed North and I knew that the street ran East and West.

No matter what, I knew that if I headed north, I would hit one of two major roads.

I took a deep breath, and continued on and eventually found my way home.

For those of you who know me, you know how bad my sense of direction is.

I had relied so heavily on the GPS that I hadn't learned the area.

When we are given the Gift of the Holy Ghost,

we are promised guidance as long as we are worthy of it.



However there are times when I have felt that direction hasn't come immediately.

What I didn't realize is that it did come, just not in the way I expected.

I felt as if the spiritual GPS had failed, I didn't know every step of the way!

However I was led home step by step.

We are given direction to make it back home to our Heavenly Father.

But day to day life we are required to constantly rely on him.

We know the destinations, but we need direction and strength from our Heavenly Father to get there safely.

I know God directs his children today.

He knows our goals and desires

He knows you personally.

And will bless and direct your life in ways that you didn't even know were possible!



Ask for direction.

It may not come in the way you expect,

But it will come as we honestly seek.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment