Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fast Sunday Miracle



Once a month the LDS church has fast Sunday, in which we don't eat or drink for 24 hours or two meals.

As a kid I tended to dread fast Sundays because of the torturous pantry that would taunt me all day.

However being out on a mission it has changed my view quite dramatically.

This last Sunday was fast Sunday and I made it a point, the night before, to kneel down and begin my fast with a true heart and a reason to fast. With those I'm fasting for in mind I went to sleep that night.

I woke up and used the extra hours in the morning to study a few verses.

Dinner time was beginning to loom over us as we realized our meal appointment that night canceled.

Our stomachs weren't looking forward to our own cooking, we kept a bright outlook and moved on with faith!

As we were talking to people after church we had someone walk up to us and tell us that that morning she had put dinner in the crockpot and for some reason not known to her she put the whole bag of chicken in!

She found out that all six of us missionaries were without a dinner appointment and invited us over for dinner!

She truly was inspired!

My favorite part about this whole experience is not only did I enjoy fasting today as it brought me closer to my Heavenly Father, but he also blessed me with a tender mercy to not have to suffer through my own cooking!

Our loving Father in heaven is pleased when we follow him with a true heart and honestly seek after him.

He want us to be happy! and will bless us in little ways to show that he's there and wants you to feel his love.

Seek his love and honestly follow what he asks of you.

With a sincere heart and contrite spirit.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


0 comments:

Post a Comment