Saturday, September 6, 2014

One Step at a Time



The young men president over our congregation recently asked us to talk to his youth!

I LOVE these opportunities.

We felt inspired to talk about how, when, and why we decided to serve a mission.

As I was testifying of how I came to have the strength to take that step into my mission

I realized when I took that step, I didn't have the knowledge I could do it for two years.

I honestly didn't know if I would be able to do it.

However I did know the Lord's promises were true.

"I can do all things through Christ." Philippians 4:13

I knew He had a prophet on the earth today and after the revelation of the "age change."

It was manifested to me that now was the time.

The Lord will make it possible to do anything He commands us to.

"For I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men,

save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing

which he commanded them." 1 Nephi 3:7

He had commanded me and I knew he would provide a way.

Walking away from my family, knowing I wouldn't see them for two years,

was the hardest thing I've ever done.

I promised myself I wouldn't look back as I walked through those doors.

Sitting down in a huge congregation of missionaries I felt a definite power.

That night and continuing nights after I received strength for the next day.

Not for the next two years, but for the next day.

That's how God works.

He gives us enough to take one step at a time,

because if He gave us strength for the two years,

I wouldn't have the blessing of being constantly reminded how truly dependent on Him I am.

Jesus Christ is my Savior and yours.

Through His Atonement we can overcome and do anything.

In the name of He who makes all things possible, Jesus Christ, Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment