Sunday, December 14, 2014

My Letter to Santa

Dear Santa,

This is my second Christmas away from home!

It's easier than the first,

but I definitely still miss my family.

As I'm thinking about you and your travels later this month,

I can't help but not want to pack your bag with more gifts.

Make Rudolph's load a little lighter, you know?

This year my letter to you will be the top 10 gifts I've already received

and am very thankful for.

10. My Warm Socks- Winter is a lot more bearable when I can keep my feet warm. I'm sure you feel my pain flying through the skies on Christmas eve right?

9. Music! It invites the spirit like nothing else! Especially the spirit of CHRISTmas.

8. Scarf- The hand crocheted scarf is the perfect length to wrap around my head five times, once again makes winter that much easier! Plus It reminds me of the special elf that made it for me!

7. My iPad- Not only do I get to #sharethegift online but it also let's me save time on p-day and email at the laundromat. :D

6. Chance to serve a mission- Nothing that I've done has changed me for the better as much as this has. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

5. The Scriptures- they have carried me and redirected me when I needed it the most in my life. I don't know where I'd be without them.

4. Friends- Once again, don't know where I would be without those great influences around me.

3. Family- They mean the world to me. Each person has taught me lesson after lesson. I know that no matter what happens I have a group of people I can rely on and know they love me.

2. The Holy Ghost- I know what is true and where I need to go. It's like a compass that guides me and shows me the way. It testifies of God's love for me and for those around me, it allows me to be clean from my mistakes and be sanctified!

1. Jesus Christ- He is the Gift. My whole life revolves around His Atonement and I know that through Him I can return to live with my Heavenly Father again. Because of Him my life has a purpose! I know I can live with my family for eternity.

That is what I'm thankful for!

Oh and Santa?

Would you do us a favor?

Put one of these in everybody's stocking in Western New York,



I'm sure the elves will be able to help you make copies.

Thanks!!! :D

-Elder Bruner

ps. Here's the picture for this year! Thought I forgot about it didn't yah?


0 comments:

Post a Comment