Tuesday, November 18, 2014

All about the Outlook

Recently I just got moved to a different area.

As missionaries we have the chance of getting moved every six weeks,

but usually stay in one place for about 6 months.

Moving and saying goodbyes are the hardest part.

I have always had a pretty hard time moving for many reasons.

A missionary told me that the only thing I could do

was think positively and excitedly about this change.

I decided that is exactly what I was going to do!

And what a difference it made!

Now to my next story,

I promise they'll connect in the end. :)

With the new move, came a new companion: Elder McCarl.

Recently we saw this coming:



This was my reaction:


and this was his:



In case you can't tell,

that's pure excitement on his face!

He's from Florida and has NEVER seen snow.

I couldn't help but smile when he realized snow

was just frozen water!

Every morning we check to see if there's enough snow outside

to build his first snowman.

I have never loved winter this much.

Why?

because it's all about the outlook.

We determine whether it's a good day.

A day filled with chances to grow

or hard times that merely give you the chance

to act in self-pity.

YOU make the choice.

So make the choice today!

DO IT!




And enjoy the winters of life! :D

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment