Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Listening on the Court



In middle school I signed up for a before school basketball intramural team.

Tuesday and Thursday mornings I would show up early in the morning with my basketball shorts and shoes on ready to play.

My Dad was always so willing and supportive to drive me, and all the rest of my siblings when they played, nearly every morning we played and then stayed and watched us play basketball.

I would try my hardest on the court and then at half time walk over to my Dad to hear what I could improve on and what I needed to do better.

I would get back on the court with a renewed sense of dedication.

One time my Dad asked me if I could even hear him when he would talk to me while I was on the court.

I honestly didn't even realize he was saying anything!

Focusing so hard on playing my hardest  I didn't know that there was more advice being given than just what I would receive off of the court.

Heavenly Father speaks to us when we are on our knees.

We take this counsel and try our hardest and then get on our knees at the end of the day and give a report on how we did.

However, He does not just speak to us while we are on our knees but throughout the day continually.

He does not just speak to us when we take that break off court, but rather while we are playing every step of the way.

Be in tune enough to hear that direction and advice that's given all the time and not just when you take those quiet moments in the morning and before bed.

As we hear the counsel we can take advantage of that inspiration minutely, instead of daily.

Seek for it!



Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment