Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blessings in Disguise (Part 2)



For those of you who haven't read part 1, click here.

My body immediately went into shock so I don't know if the stick broke off or if I broke it off,

but nonetheless, there was a stick stuck up my nose.

I immediately called out for my brother and he came rushing back.

I didn't know who was freaking out more, him or I!

After making a phone call to my Mom and trying to explain the situation, she said she would meet us there.

I managed to walk to the road and sat down against a tree waiting for my mom to come.

I was cracking jokes trying to lighten the situation but my brother wasn't really having any of it.

We ended up going to the emergency room and they took a picture of the nasal passage, which is the picture above.

You can see the stick on the left of the picture, it was 1 mm from my brain and managed to go all the way up without breaking any bones.

How miraculous is that!

Yes, I was in the hospital for quite a few hours before it was taken out, and yes it was incredibly painful, and yes, I couldn't quite get myself to ride a bike for a few more months, but look at how perfectly it happened!

How many times do we miss the blessings in life because they are coated by the fact that theres a "stick up our nose."

Bad things happen, yes. People have their agency. But because of the grace of our Savior Jesus Christ he allows those rays of light to be with us the whole way, not just the small speck of light at the end of the tunnel.

Pray to see the miracles even among the mud that you feel you are wading through.

It is possible, and his grace is always sufficient to all who come unto him.

Find those miracles, they are always there, even if sometimes the adversary likes to camouflage them.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.




Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment