Monday, October 21, 2013

Can I See Your Permit?




Walking through a town we saw a man whom we had taught before. We sat down and were helping him understand some verses in the Bible since he had trouble comprehending.

As we sat there the man who owned the house walked up and asked if we had a permit. Confused I asked what he meant? He explained that in this town we had to have a permit to do things like we were doing...

Realizing that I had a certificate in my pocket I pulled it out and showed him it.

After studying it he asked, who signed it?

The president of our Church, I responded.

Laughing he took a step back and through a very long explanation ended with saying that "Jesus doesn't give permits out, that we needed one from the city."

Recognizing he wanted us to leave I politely apologized and we excused ourselves. Still excited over the opportunity we had to show our "badges" I thought about what he had said.

"Jesus doesn't give permits out..."

I recognized what he meant but isn't that exactly where we want to have our teachers get the permit?

Isn't that the most important permit that anybody could recieve?

The priesthood power, the power of God, was restored through a prophet called of God, that's the ultimate permit!

That is why The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only church with a true "permit" given from God.

Listen to the comforter in whom's influence can be felt by all.

As members of the church we are all given a permit to share the gospel, may we ever live up to the responsibility to share the gospel!

And experience the Joy that is promised to all who are faithful.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment