Monday, October 7, 2013

Seeing things as they really are


It was a beautiful day outside and we had the chance to teach a lesson out on the lawn.

Mason had his dog running around and I couldn't help but smile as it spazzed out and ran in circles like dogs do.

The dog finally chilled out so I averted my attention from the dog to the lesson.

Mason starts laughing and I look at my companion who has a huge smile on his face, I looked down and saw that my bag was wet.

I laughed and asked if the dog licked my bag. My companion didn't say anything, at that moment I realized that it wasn't drool and my backpack wasn't as water proof as I thought.

I quickly adverted disaster and removed my scriptures. I threw the bag in the back of our truck to avoid the very distinct smell of urine.

Yes, the dog peed on my backpack.

I still remember that moment when I realized what it was. A flash of anger came but quickly diminished as I took a step back and realized how ridiculously funny this situation was!

When we look at situations in life, and how they really are,  life is pretty awesome.

We know why we are here.

We know what tools we need to get through hard times.

And when we don't allow satan to skew our view on reality, we truly can be happy as we come unto the Lord!

I had a choice, to dwell on the fact that I was going to have to pay to wash my bag in the washer when I got back and would have to make do with just my scripture case,

Or

Focus on the fact that a dog really just did urinate on my backpack out of nowhere and that it'll be a pretty epic story to tell later!

Laugh at the frustrating times and always allow the spirit to bring things back into view of how they truly are.

It's the Adversary who wants our vision to blur.

Keep a clear course, read the scriptures, pray, and partake of the sacrament.

Keep the Savior and his atonement in clear sight.

Always have a clear vision of where you and your Heavenly Father want you to be.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment