Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Perfection




"Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect." 3 Nephi 12:48

We are told to become perfect. The key word in what I just said is BECOME.

"The message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is that we can and must expect to BECOME better as long as we live." -Henry B. Eyring

We are saved through being perfect. How can we become perfect? Only through Christ's grace. 

How do we become worthy of Christ's grace? Through living his gospel. 

I get frustrated with myself every single day with the little things that I have trouble with. Why do I get mad at people? Why do I have a hard time talking with some people? Why do I not have enough courage to act on a prompting that I know is from God?

There are so many shortfalls in every day life that I am glad I can see, because even though they can become burdening, they always bring me back to relying on my Heavenly Father. 

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

His grace is always sufficient. No matter how far we stray, how weak we are, how imperfect we are. That goal is achievable. It's not achievable in the next hour or next day, but in the next life. Don't expect to achieve it in this life because we are not meant to. We are to feel imperfect so we can turn to our Heavenly Father in humility. Turn to him, and he will make weak things become strong. 

In the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, whom makes it all possible, Amen. 
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment